The Vegan Countdown

Month of veganism complete!

Friday, June 4, 2010

PeaceFood Cafe

Friends, Sarah and Jo, and I (Suzy) went to Peacefood Cafe last night--an UWS vegan restaurant. Although they offer a strictly vegan menu, PF is (and I can say this having gone prior to this experiment) omnivore-friendly, meaning that it doesn't have that outrageous and unappetizing "health-food store" smell and doesn't leave meat-eaters with a sense that they had a makeshift dinner of side items.

I recommend going with friends like mine, who love to share food, so you can try a little bit of everything--the chickpea fries get my highest rating. Be sure to grab some of the bakery items to go--Brandt benefited from this, and particularly enjoyed the Magic Cookies. While not the "magic" some of you might be envisioning, they were definitely delicious.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about anyone else, but when I heard "magic cookies" I imagined a cookie that could perform tricks with a siberian tiger. That's what you meant, right suz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking illusions, not tricks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhnYPecc1YE

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muffin was quite tasty, thanks for the sample!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A trick is something a whore does for money"

    -GOB Bluth

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went here for lunch! the sweet potato sandwich was delicious-on great whole grain bread, with sprouts and vegan goat cheese. They have free wifi too!
    nice to meet you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great meeting you too! I'll have to get a sandwich next time I'm at PF--they always look divine. Next time you're in NYC, let me know and we'll make plans. Thanks for all your helpful vegan tips!

    ReplyDelete